Equipped To Survive Equipped To Survive® Presents
The Survival Forum
Where do you want to go on ETS?

Topic Options
#443 - 03/24/01 01:47 PM CMG infinity light update
Anonymous
Unregistered

A month ago i received a CMG infinity LED light. I was hoping to add it as an upgrade to my daily gear that I carry. Upon arrival it appeared to be well built, The casing is very robust and thick, maybe thicker than need be and the on/off switch is easy to use. The biggest disappointment was the light intensity. It was horrible there was barely any light output, and with all honesty reading a map in the dark using this thing was near impossible. And yes i used a brand new AA battery of high quality. The amount of light reminded me of my AAA solitaire when the battery is about to die, and that's no exaggeration. Also i know that LED bulbs are tough, but i would have added a clear plastic piece in front of the bulb for added protection. So As we speak its on its way back to the company I purchased it from for a full refund. Just wanted to pass this info on so as to inform other who might be considering this as a light source.<br><br>

#444 - 03/24/01 04:21 PM Re: CMG infinity light update
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you looked at the Streamlight Stylus 2 & 3 ? I ordered mine from www.southernce.com . They had the best price. On my maps green or blue seem to be the most usefull. If you are not worried about your night vision, the white light is remarkably bright. Waterproof with momentary or constant on switches 100,000 hr bulbs and lifetime waranty. I own 4 of them. <br>Ranger<br><br>The older I get, The better I was.

#445 - 03/25/01 04:10 AM Re: CMG infinity light update
AndyO Offline

Loc: Jawja
I've had 4 ( one I bought, one I recieved as a gift and two warranty replacements). They all died within a week of use. They break when dropped, just quit working. Wow, all the brightness of a Photon with ten times the size and weight with none of the reliability!<br><br>

#446 - 03/25/01 12:02 PM Re: CMG infinity light update
Greg Offline
newbie member

Loc: Washington State, U.S.A.
Have you ever had to replace the batteries in the Stylus? If so, how difficult was it<br>to find replacements?<br><br>

#447 - 04/06/01 11:52 PM Re: CMG infinity light update
jet Offline
Enthusiast

I wish this thread had come just a couple of months ago ... before I bought my Infinity. I was very excited by the construction and ubiquitous battery type, but the moment I turned it on and saw how dim the light output was, I was really let down! The Photon Micro Light II that I keep on my keychain is ... I don't know ... perhaps three to five times as bright. Even ignoring the larger size of the Infinity, it just isn't worth it. At the time, I just wondered if I had gotten a bad one. I guess not.<br><br>

Moderator:  Alan_Romania, Blast, cliff, Hikin_Jim 
March
Su M Tu W Th F Sa
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Who's Online
0 registered (), 269 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
GallenR, Jeebo, NicholasMarshall, Yadav, BenFoakes
5367 Registered Users
Newest Posts
What did you do today to prepare?
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:21 PM
Zippo Butane Inserts
by dougwalkabout
Yesterday at 11:11 PM
Question about a "Backyard Mutitool"
by Ren
03/17/24 01:00 AM
Problem in my WhatsApp configuration
by Chisel
03/09/24 01:55 PM
New Madrid Seismic Zone
by Jeanette_Isabelle
03/04/24 02:44 PM
EDC Reduction
by EchoingLaugh
03/02/24 04:12 PM
Using a Compass Without a Map
by KenK
02/28/24 12:22 AM
Newest Images
Tiny knife / wrench
Handmade knives
2"x2" Glass Signal Mirror, Retroreflective Mesh
Trade School Tool Kit
My Pocket Kit
Glossary
Test

WARNING & DISCLAIMER: SELECT AND USE OUTDOORS AND SURVIVAL EQUIPMENT, SUPPLIES AND TECHNIQUES AT YOUR OWN RISK. Information posted on this forum is not reviewed for accuracy and may not be reliable, use at your own risk. Please review the full WARNING & DISCLAIMER about information on this site.